Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hour 11

Title of book(s) read since last update: Shutter Island


Number of books read since you started: Still on #2

Pages read since last update: 23 pages

Running total of pages read since you started: 288 pages

Amount of time spent reading since last update: 27 minutes

Running total of time spent reading since you started: 5 hours, 31 minutes

Mid-Event Survey: 1. What are you reading right now? Shutter Island 2. How many books have you read so far? Still on 2nd adult-sized book, read one kid book. 3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? If I ever finish Shutter Island, I might get into I am Ozzy, Water for Elephants, or A Slice of Murder. 4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really, but I wish I had taken the night off from work tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to stay up for the whole read-a-thon since I have to work tomorrow night. 5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Constantly. A lot of griping and complaining with a little whining thrown in for good measure. Next year I am going to make sure the house is empty. Or at least try too. 6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Shocked that I am sticking with one book and not skipping around a lot like I usually do. 7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I miss being sent to other's blogs to leave messages. Haven't been touring around much this year. 8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Try to get the house to myself! 9. Are you getting tired yet? A little. Just ordered a pizza and snacks and going to read a bit while eating and hope that perks me up, but will probably lead to a quick nap. :-) 10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nope, I don't think I'm doing as well as I could this year with all the distractions I am having.

1 comment:

christina said...

Oooh, I definitely want to get around to reading Shutter Island....but must have further distance since watching the movie first.

Happy reading day!