I'm very excited to be starting the first read-a-thon for 2014. I have been doing the read-a-thons since the very beginning, sometimes with not so great success, but, hey, any bit of reading done is a good thing, even if it isn't as much as I wanted.
So, on to the Kick off Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Queensbury, NY
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? A Spoonful of Poison by M.C. Beaton, always glad to get back to see what Agatha Raisin is up to.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Probably not the best day to ALSO be starting a new diet, but I'm going carb free today (and for the next two weeks), so I'll be enjoying delicious deli turkey meat, cheddar and swiss cheese, black olives, salad, maybe some pork rinds! Yum!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I've always been a big reader, but somehow over the last couple of years, reading has been put on the back burner. Being able to participate in the read-a-thon gives me a chance to get my nose deep into some books and hopefully find time to read more until the next read-a-thon comes along. I have a 10 year old daughter, and somehow have ended up with 9 dogs all living in the same house. Small ones, luckily, mostly Chihuahuas, and they are all really good snugglers when I have a good book and a blanket, they are all most happy to climb on and cuddle. When they aren't running around barking at a leaf blowing across the lawn!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Last year I wasn't very prepared in the snacks department, which ended up costing me a lot of reading time while I prepared food. This year I think I've got everything I'll need to get through. (fingers crossed)