Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hour 1

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited to be able to participate today. Thank you to everyone that helps to make this happen every year. I'm sure Dewey is smiling wherever she is.

Where are you reading from today? Probably a mishmash of things. My attention span doesn't last long these days! I have my Kindle loaded up with lots of books, and can switch to audio when I have to take a trip out of the house today. I also have a stack of library books that I am planning to work on. Mostly small YA books, Judy Blume, Sharon Creech, Pseudonymous Bosch. Hoping to get a few of those finished at least.

3 facts about me … I get my feelings hurt way too easily. I don't go anywhere without my Kindle, it's my new appendage. I love Autumn.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? Looks like about 12.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? My goal is to not gripe too much when my family keep interrupting me, which I know they will! :-D Seriously, though, I'm hoping to finish a couple of the smaller YA type books I have in front of me and to maybe finish one of my larger books that I am already into. Other than that I will just be pleased if I can actually get some uninterrupted reading done today. Number of pages, maybe 500?


If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Definitely have snacks and drinks pre-purchased and ready to go, which didn't stop me from forgetting yet again this year! Looks like I'm ordering pizza for supper tonight! And have a good stack of books to give you plenty to choose from.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Title of book(s) read since last update: Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great
Number of books read since you started: 1
Pages read since last update: 12
Running total of pages read since you started: 12
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 11 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 11 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 1
Other participants you’ve visited: 0
Prize you’ve won: 0



No comments: