1. What are you reading right now? Still reading On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts
2. How many books have you read so far? This is my 3rd.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Agatha Raisin & the Love From Hell by M.C. Beaton
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Other than ordering out Pizza for dinner, not really.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not too many this year. I'm very pleased with the amount of reading I've got done so far. I have a little timer that I keep track of all my reading with, and whenever I've had an interruption, I've simply paused the timer, dealt with whatever it is and got right back to reading.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much reading I've managed this year. Last years read-a-thon was a disaster for me and I ended up giving up and going to bed.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None! I think you all do a wonderful job and I look forward to being able to participate every time.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Definitely make better food arrangements. I had to make a quick run to the store this morning, but I was out running errands anyhow, so no biggie. Next time I will definitely stock up on the snacks beforehand.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope, still running strong here.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Making sure the rest of the family have activities to keep them busy while I am busy reading is key. I have a five year old, so I stock up on the videos and the coloring books.
Title of book(s) read since last update: On Strike for Christmas
Number of books read since you started: 3
Pages read since last update: 22
Running total of pages read since you started: 316 & 319 Kindle segments
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 28 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 5 hours & 40 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Mid Event Survey
Other participants you’ve visited: None this hour
Books finished: Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, L.T.'s Theory of Pets