Title of book(s) read since last update: The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death - Laurie Notaro
Number of books read since you started: 1
Pages read since last update: 15
Running total of pages read since you started: 230
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 17 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!) 286 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Mid-Event Survey
Other participants you’ve visited: None
Prize you’ve won: None
1. What are you reading right now? The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro
2. How many books have you read so far? Have completed one and read parts of 3 others.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? G'Day to Die by Maddy Hunter
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really. I only had to do a little driving today. I did grab a lot of frozen foods for today to make it easier plus stockpiled a lot of books that I figured would interest me from the library.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I've had far too many interruptions. I'm sad to say I'm not dealing well and have ended up yelling "Knock it off!" quite a bit.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? It always surprises me how well run it is. I don't know how you all coordinate and run things so smoothly, but I think you all do a great job.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really. I think it's awesome and really enjoy doing them.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'm already planning that supper is going to be a delivery deal. Going to get some of my fave comfort foods and spend the day relaxing and eating. lol And I think my 4 year old daughter might have to spend the day at Grandma's and her father needs to find something else to do as well. Definitely looking for more peace and quiet next time.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Surprisingly not. I wasn't planning on staying up all night, (last time I think I went to bed at 11pm) but I am toying with trying to see how long I can last. I'm thinking the sleeping hours might be more productive for me.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I definitely think short stories and comedy type books are the way to go! Stockpile books so you have lots to choose from. And grab a lot of your favorite genres to read. Nothing worse then being stuck reading something you are really not enjoying when something else is calling out to you.
Thanks for a great day so far!